A sinus infection can be a bit over-bearing at times, especially if it inhibits you from doing some of your regular activities all throughout the day. Treatment For Sinus Infection range from the doctors prescribed medications to home remedies. These sinus infection remedies – whether medically prescribed or home alternatives – ensure a great relief to your sinus problem.
If you do not have the time to go and visit a doctor to help lessen the discomfort the situation brings, then it is more imperative for you to know what home remedies for sinus infection are good and accessible for you. You might actually be surprised that these home remedies are actually just within your reach.
It is a fact that mustard seeds contain heat inside of them, which can be used to break up nasal congestion. Mustard has anti-fungal properties too and it can even be applied externally to help deplete nerve cells of a chemical which transmits pain to our brain. So how can you use mustard seeds to help in treating your sinus infection?
- 1 tsp of mustard seeds
- 1 glass of water
- 1 dropper
What Will I Do?
- Add the 1 tsp mustard seeds to the 1 glass water.
- Boil until the quantity of the water has been reduced in half
- Leave for a while to cool, but make sure that it is still warm when you use it.
- Once the temperature is warm enough for you to tolerate, use the dropper and pour 3-4 drops of the mustard and water solution into each of your nostrils.
The solution will help clean your nasal passages and remove any debris that may be causing the problem.
Cinnamon has four great properties: anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral, and antiseptic. Traditionally, it has been one of the trusted home remedies for sinus infection, and also includes treating flu and sore throat. It contains eugenol and cinnamaldehyde, chemicals that can destroy harmful bacteria. Its anti-inflammatory properties will also help provide you with relief from inflamed sinuses as it soothes sinus membrane linings.
How Can I Use Cinnamon To Treat My Sinus Infection?
- With ¼ tsp of cinnamon powder, add 1 tbsp honey and drink the mixture. It is important to drink this daily to help relieve chronic colds and coughs as well as to clear sinuses that have been blocked
- Mix 1-2 tsp of cinnamon powder and add the small amount of water enough to make a paste. Apply the paste to your forehead making sure that you have everything covered and on your nose too. The paste will help clear the blockage.
The Indian folk medicine referred to as Ayurveda had been using cumin seeds ever since. Cumin seeds can help subdue the mucus present in your body and also lessen the swelling of sinuses.
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tsp of honey
What Will I Do?
- Dry roast the 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Once roasted, pulverized the seeds through grinding.
- Add the 1 tsp of honey and mix.
- Use the paste every day, once a day.